Friends are individuals who recognize the library as a vital community information resource, cultural center, and major educational institution. As a group, we are a promotional and fundraising arm of the Attleboro Public Library.
Membership is open to all.
Board members meet with the Library Director monthly to consider and make decisions about fundraising events, activities, and purchases.
Although there is no obligation to actively participate as a Friend, many Friends serve on Committees such as Technology, Fundraising, Events, and Membership.
We are happy to have you as a supporter of the Attleboro Public Library in any capacity.
President: Maureen Canner
Vice-President: Joanne Stevenson
Treasurer: Jann Alden
Secretary: Joan Keiper
How Funding is Spent
Friends of Attleboro Public Library use funding to:
- Purchase passes to museums and area parks
- Provide funds for library materials, equipment, and furniture
- Support NEA Big Read: Attleboro (Annually in Fall)
- Contribute funding for Summer Reading Program
- Provide and serve refreshments at library events
- Assist library staff as needed at library sponsored events