Friends are individuals who recognize the library as a vital community information resource, cultural center, and major educational institution. As a group, we are a promotional and fundraising arm of the Attleboro Public Library.
Membership is open to all.
We are currently looking for volunteers!
The Friends of APL are looking for volunteers with experience creating flyers, marketing, event planning and more. Interested? Contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board members meet with the Library Director monthly to consider and make decisions about fundraising events, activities, and purchases.
Although there is no obligation to actively participate as a Friend, many Friends serve on Committees such as Technology, Fundraising, Events, and Membership.
We are happy to have you as a supporter of the Attleboro Public Library in any capacity.
President: Maureen Canner
Vice-President: Joanne Stevenson
Treasurer: Jann Alden
Secretary: Joan Keiper
- Book sales revenue
- Book Nook proceeds
- Seasonal fundraisers
- Library Giving Day
How Funding is Spent
- Purchase passes to museums and area parks
- Provide funds for library materials, equipment, and furniture
- Support Attleboro Community Read (Annually)
- Contribute funding for Summer Reading Program
- Provide and serve refreshments at library events
- Assist library staff as needed at library sponsored events